Electrical Fitter (With Mechanical Knowledge)
Job Ref: DMEFv2
Job Type: Permanent
Job Hours: Full Time
Start Date: asap
Location: Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, England
Salary: £16.89 – 29.55 per hour
Contact Name: Mike Bones
Tel: 0191 565 4020
Due to a continued investment Velocity UK Limited are recruiting for a talented and hardworking Electrical Fitter to join their workshop team in Sunderland. Velocity UK manufacture innovative and market leading truck mounted pot hole repair machinery.
Primarily the job role requires an auto electrician with mechanical fitting experience to work within a workshop team maintaining, fixing and servicing road repair machinery and as the ideal candidate you will be time served/qualified in Electrics and Auto Electrics, but possess a strong Mechanical knowledge. The job is also an interesting blend of inspection, fault finding, and development of existing road repair machinery.
As the ideal candidate you will possess:
* A recognised electrical qualification or be able to demonstrate valid experience and competence. Primarily with low voltage applications however some commercial equipment from time to time
* An ability to read and understand wiring diagrams/schematics and work unsupervised once you have an understanding of what is required
* A proven knowledge of vehicle electrics/electronics
* Mechanical knowledge and understanding with a logical approach to effective fault finding and rectification
* The ability to disassemble/reassemble mechanical equipment in order to trouble shoot electrical faults
* Good communication and motivational skills are required and flexibility is a must
* Basic IT skills advantageous
* Experience of Hydraulics and Pneumatics would be a distinct advantage
Duties will include:
* Maintaining, repairing testing and servicing all electrical parts on the Road Repair machines.
* Assisting Mechanical Fitters in repair and maintenance of machines.
* General factory maintenance
* A requirement to work alongside the works manager in order to solve engineering problems and develop systems
* Identify and accurately describe problems and solutions to works manager
* Plan, manage and take on responsibility for tasks allocated by works manager
* Rectify faults by repairing, replacing and retesting
* Record relevant information on repair work undertaken
Velocity are looking for a highly self motivated person who is health and safety conscious, flexible and willing to work overtime (including weekends). The wage is negotiable and dependant on experience and ability.
Hours of work are 07.00 – 16.00 Mon – Thu and 07.00 – 13.00 on a Friday. Pay is £16.89/hr to £29.55/hr.
If you don’t want to miss out on an opportunity to work on a great product as part of a fantastic team apply now.
Share this Vacancy